You are busy trying to grow out your hair and keep it nice and healthy BUT you are neglecting the future of your hair. You may have had long hair for years and dread the idea of parting with it but hair is hair. It will grow back. (Unless you are like me, and jump at the chance of even a trim) You will need to eventually plan what hairstyle to give yourself after you make the cut. Not only are you giving a child a confidence boost, this is your chance to give yourself a confidence boost!
Here are a several short haircuts/hairstyles that can give you some inspiration!
- A-line bob/inverted bob — (my current favorite) The back of your hair (nape) is shorter than the front layers.
- Straight edge bob — Classic bob (hair is all one length).
- Asymmetrical bob — Contrast to the classic bob with one side being longer than the other.
- Long bob (Lob) — A bob that is great for people with medium length hair after the haircut.
- Pixie cut — Short on the back and sides but slightly longer on top.
- Asymmetrical pixie cut — One side is longer, creating contrast.
- Undercut — For those who have too much hair or want to change up their hairstyle. It’s becoming a trend for women as well as men.
If you want to add more volume or texture to your hair, try getting layers or choppy hair!
Personally, I search through Pinterest for inspiration for hairstyles and what look I may want. If you are unsure, talk to your stylist about what may work with your head/face shape. Communication is key! Do not be afraid to say what you want. It is your hair, you are going to have to stick with it for a couple months so you might as well like it!